Have you ever visited the laboratory or company where medicines are manufactured? The answer of the most people would be ‘No’, but you still take pills for fever, headache, and other medical conditions, by visiting the pharmacy.
Pharmacists are the first point of contact and not any laboratory; similarly, in the progressive reform of NDIS, support workers are the ones, who stay in direct contact with the disabled patients. These workers play an important part in implementing the scheme by assisting as and when required by the patients. The organizations which are service providers of NDIS benefits choose the staff member for each of their patients meticulously so that the individual needs of the patients are met adequately.
As per the plan made for every patient at the beginning stage, support worker assists them in the pre-decided activities, and helps them physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Duties performed by every NDIS support worker in Victoria
Being an integrated service, support workers of NDIS, fall under the same category of responsibility and authority throughout Australia. And hence, the tasks which support workers in Victoria carry out, in different cases, can be summarized as below:
- Daily household chores such as cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc.
- Be with the patient while travelling to and from school, college, workplace, playground, etc.
- Ensure that patient is taking prescribed medicines regularly.
- Take quick action in emergency situations.
- Staying with patients in physical therapy and counselling sessions.
- Motivating patients and act as a friend.
- Provide emotional support by listening to the patient’s problems and suggesting suitable solution.
- Assessing the patient’s condition and reporting to the employer organization.
The above list is definitely not exhaustive as they aid in whatever way possible, thus making patients feel that the latter are not alone in this journey.
And as a trusted service provider of NDIS facilities, we understand that having an empathetic support worker can reduce the burden of our patients greatly. All the workers employed by us are qualified and trained, and they always put the patient’s interest before theirs. They treat the patients politely and try to avoid having any argument.
In short, support workers are a significant level of the NDIS pyramid and are inevitable for the success of the scheme.Tags: disability support Victoria, ndis support worker in melbourne, ndis support worker in Victoria