Miracle Hands Pty Ltd is a disability services provider based in Roxburgh Park, Victoria. The service provides home and community-based care for people with disability (particular participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme), as well as respite care within the local accommodation. Miracle Hands Pty Ltd’s services include:
· Household tasks, including essential tasks that the client is not able to undertake, such as meal preparation and delivery, house or yard maintenance, cleaning and laundry.
· Community nursing care, the provision of specialist care for clients who have high care needs requiring a high level of skill, and the training of support workers to respond to the participant’s complex needs.
· Assistance with travel and transport, to support people access the community, work or education where they cannot do so through other means of transport.
· Assistance with life stages and transition, including Support Coordination. This involves strengthening a client’s abilities to coordinate their support and participate in the community.
· Behaviour Support, including interventions such as the development of positive behavior support plans, as well as training for carers and others in behavior management strategies.
· Early Childhood Supports, including a provision of a mix of therapies, and a key worker for the family, for children 0-6 years old with developmental delay or disability and their families. The type of supports will be different for every child and their family according to their needs.
· Therapeutic Supports, provided to assist clients aged from 7 years to apply their functional skills to improve their participation and independence in daily, practical activities in areas such as language and communication, personal care, mobility and movement, interpersonal interactions and community living.
· Group and Centre Based Activities, including assisting clients to participate in the group-based community, social and recreational activities.
· Daily Personal Activities, including for people with high needs, involving:
§ assisting with and/or supervising personal tasks of daily life to enable the client to live as autonomously as possible. These individual supports can be provided in a range of environments, including but not limited to, the participant’s own home; and
§ for people with higher needs supports provided by a worker with additional qualifications and experience relevant to the person’s complex needs.
· Assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement, involving assisting with and/or supervising tasks of daily life in a shared living environment, which is either temporary or ongoing, with a focus on developing the skills of each individual to live as autonomously as possible. This includes short-term accommodation and assistance (e.g. respite care).